Cryotherapy is most effective when it’s part of a comprehensive wellness routine. Here’s how you can optimize the benefits of your whole-body cryotherapy treatment.
7 Steps for Optimizing Cryotherapy Performance:
- Drink lots of water – Athletes know that proper hydration can flush out toxins and eliminate brain fog.
- Breathe – Focus on belly breaths where the belly button moves in and out with each breath. This helps increase micro-circulation throughout the entire body during your cryotherapy session.
- Stretch – Stretching before a cryotherapy session increases bloodflow and stretches the muscles so that you will be more prepared to benefit from improved microcirculation and cellular regeneration. It also enhances your range of motion during daily life, exercise and sports.
- Stand up straight – Correct posture will help your body work more efficiently and keep your muscles properly aligned during a cryotherapy session. Standing up straight also helps relieve minor aches and pains.
- Take a good daily vitamin – Vitamins help fill in the gaps where our schedules interfere with our meals. Check your vitamin brand’s reputation to make sure you’re getting the benefits you’re paying for.
- Stay on top of your nutrition – micronutrients and water both play a vital role in supporting circulation, recovery and cellular repair throughout the body.
- Vagus nerve stimulation – The vagus nerve is the foundation of your body’s mind-body feedback loop. While you can’t directly control the vagus nerve, mindful breathing and other mindfulness techniques can reinforce the mind-body connection and enhance circulatory immune, digestive, hormonal, endocrine and other functions.