Submerge your body in temperatures reaching up to –250°F … Really?! YES!
Whole-body cryotherapy is exactly that – your entire body is submerged in sub-zero temperatures that stimulate skin sensors, activating a deep central nervous system (CNS) response. The term “cryotherapy” comes from the Greek cryo (κρύο) meaning cold, and therapy (θεραπεία) meaning cure. Cryotherapy, also known as cryogenic therapy or cold therapy, is crucial in sports medicine and alternative and holistic treatment. The outcomes of clinical studies demonstrating the beneficial effects of cooling on physiological, biochemical, and molecular inflammatory biomarkers, thus enhancing cognitive performance, are in support of Cryotherapy. Elite athletes, business leaders, and celebrities who use WBC include Tony Robbins, Kobe Bryant, Daniel Craig, Lebron James, Demi Moore, Mandy Moore, Kate Moss, Jessica Alba, Jennifer Aniston, the New York Knicks, and the Dallas Mavericks, with a number of them saying that they feel better and stronger after WBC.
Upon entering and exiting Cold Play’s cryosauna, you will experience numerous health–enhancing benefits.
Some of these benefits include:
- Faster recovery after damage-inducing exercise
- Improves cell oxygenation
- Reduces inflammation which is the leading cause of illness and disease
- Develop circadian rhythm with better sleep
- Increases overall microcirculation of the body
- Prevents the delayed onset of a muscle fever
- Provides a sound environment for efficient tissue regeneration
- Removal of wasteful byproducts from the body
- Positive effect on the muscular enzymes, (such as creatine kinase, which plays a significant role in production of energy in the body)
- Increases cell permeability, allowing more nutrient and oxygen-rich blood to enter the cell
- Improves overall performance of the immune system
- Increases white blood cell count
- Red blood cells are enriched with oxygen, nutrients, and enzymes, while toxins flush from peripheral tissues
- Vasoconstriction causes more blood to be pumped into internal organs (during vasoconstriction, toxins are flushed from muscle and skin surface tissue)
- After the cryotherapy session, over the course of the next 12-15 hours, an additional 500-800 calories are burned
- Boosts metabolic rate
- Treats autoimmune & inflammatory disorders
- Reduces chronic pain & chronic fatigue
- Activates natural biological regeneration
Now you can get out there and enjoy what you love such as tennis, hiking, running, and backpacking with faster recovery!